Healesville Sanctuary & Dandenong Ranges
Ever heard of a duck billed platypus? Together with the four species of echidna, it is one of only five species of egg laying mammals in the world! The only place in the world you can find these guys is on the Eastern seaboard of Australia and the BEST place to see them is, without doubt, Healesville Sanctuary!
Departure Time: 7.30am – 8.30am
Return: Varies seasonally from 9.30pm to midnight.
- Healesville Sanctuary entry
- Historic Steam Train ride
- Entry into penguin parade
- Friendly & informative tour guide
- See your favourite animals including the platypus at Healesville Sanctuary
- Check out the unrivalled ‘Spirit of the Sky‘ bird of prey show where birds show off the skill we admire most – their ability to fly and visit the Wildlife Hospital which treats more than 2000 sick or injured animals each year
- Climb aboard the century old steam train Puffing Billy and enjoy the ride through lush fern gullies and Eucalyptus forests
- Connect to Phillip Island and experience the world famous Penguin Parade
- Penguin Plus (PP) Exclusive viewing area & private boardwalk ($30)
- Penguins Plus Underground (PU) Enjoy up-close viewing of the Little penguins in an underground viewing window – Limited to 70 guests ($45)
- Appropriate clothing for warm and cold conditions
- Sunscreen, water bottle & hat