Puffing Billy, Moonlit Sanctuary and Penguins Tour
Tick off three incredible locations in one day tour! Ride onboard Melbourne’s iconic steam train Puffing Billy. meet the Australian animals at Moonlit Sanctuary Wildlife Conservation Park and explore the wildlife haven of Phillip Island including the world-famous Penguin Parade.
- Ride onboard the historic Puffing Billy Steam Train
- Visit the multi-award winning Moonlit Sanctuary Wildlife Conservation Park
- Hand-feed kangaroos and wallabies
- Meet many species of native Australian animals such as emus, wallabies, bandicoots & Tasmanian devils
- Explore the boardwalks of Point Grant, for views of The Nobbies & Seal Rocks
- Get up close to Phillip Island’s most famous residents at the world-famous Penguin Parade
- One-way journey on Puffing Billy from Belgrave to Menzies Creek
- Entry & guided tour of the animal exhibits at Moonlit Sanctuary
- Standard entry at Penguin Parade
- Friendly & informative driver-guide
- Return transfers in air-conditioned comfort
- Complimentary on-board Wi-FI
Depart Melbourne & travel eastwards to the foothills of the Dandenong Ranges where you’ll step back in time with a memorable journey on the historic Puffing Billy Steam Train. Maintained in mint condition by dedicated volunteers, the century-old steam train still runs on its own mountain track between Belgrave and Gembrook, through the heart of the delightful Sherbrooke Forest.
Alighting from the train, we’ll travel onwards to the multi-award winning Moonlit Sanctuary Wildlife Conservation Park. Here, we enjoy a guided wildlife walk where we have the opportunity to meet and hand-feed many species of native Australian animals. Learn about iconic species such as kangaroos, koalas, emus & wallabies, as well as some of our lesser known favourites including quolls, owls, bandicoots & Tasmanian devils.
Arriving on Phillip Island & we’ll visit Point Grant from where you can take in spectacular panoramic views of The Nobbies & Seal Rocks while strolling the coastal boardwalks.
And then it’s onwards to the main event, where just after dark every night the world’s smallest penguins waddle ashore after spending the day fishing out at sea. You’ll be truly enchanted as the stars of the show emerge from the surf and pass right before your eyes on their journey back to their homes. Your guide will ensure you are able to get the very best vantage point to enjoy the Penguin Parade.
Make your Puffing Billy, Moonlit Sanctuary and Penguins Tour EPIC!
- Penguin Plus (PP) Exclusive viewing area & private boardwalk ($30)
- Penguins Plus Underground (UP) Enjoy up-close viewing of the Little penguins in an underground viewing window – Limited to 70 ($45)
- Guided Ranger Tour (GR) Front row viewing on the sand, access to Penguins Plus with a small group & ranger guide ($60) – (Oct – Apr).
- Appropriate clothing for warm and cold conditions
- Sunscreen, water bottle & hat
Departure Time: 9.00am-10.00am (April-October), 10.00am-11.00am (November-March)
Return: Varies seasonally from 9pm during winter to midnight during summer
Flexible fare – no cancellation fees apply for changes up to 48 hours before your tour departure time.