General Travel Information
Our tours are conducted in modern air-conditioned vehicles which range in size from 12 – 24 seats.
All vehicles are fitted with complimentary on-board Wi-Fi, so you can plan the next part of your journey, or keep in touch with friends & family back home.
With small tour groups, there is plenty of time to get out & explore nature at its very best.
You will enjoy the benefits of personalised & interactive service with our experienced, enthusiastic and informative tour guides.
We offer our customers a courtesy pick-up & drop off service from selected inner city accommodations (excludes Neighbours Tour & Phillip Island Afternoon Tour).
Please confirm your allocated hotel / hostel pick up time when making your booking. Please wait outside your organised meeting point 5 minutes prior to pick-up time.
Please note pick-up times may vary slightly depending on traffic. Unfortunately, we sometimes experience delays during our pickup run due to Melbourne’s increasing traffic congestion.
If you have been waiting for 10 minutes or more past your scheduled pick up time, please do call our reservations team on 9629 3364.
We pick up from the following locations:
- Adina Apartments Melbourne (189 Queen St, Melbourne VIC 3000)
- Atlantis Hotel (300 Spencer St, Melbourne VIC 3000)
- Base Backpackers St. Kilda (17 Carlisle St, St Kilda VIC 3182)
- Citadines Melbourne (131/135 Bourke St, Melbourne VIC 3000)
- City Edge on Elizabeth (99 A’Beckett St, Melbourne VIC 3000)
- Crown Metropol (8 Whiteman St, Southbank VIC 3006)
- Crown Promenade (8 Whiteman St, Southbank VIC 3006)
- Crowne Plaza (1-5 Spencer St, Melbourne VIC 3008)
- Four Points by Sheraton (443 Docklands Dr, Docklands, VIC 3008)
- Grand Hyatt (123 Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000)
- Holiday Inn on Flinders Lane (575 Flinders Ln, Melbourne VIC 3000)
- Ibis on Therry (15-21 Therry St, Melbourne VIC 3000)
- Ibis on Little Bourke (600 Little Bourke St, Melbourne VIC 3000)
- Immigration Museum (400 Flinders Street, Melbourne VIC 3000)
- Intercontinental Melbourne the Rialto (495 Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000)
- Mantra on Russell (222 Russell St, Melbourne VIC 3000)
- Marriott Hotel (Exhibition St & Lonsdale St, Melbourne VIC 3000)
- Nomads Melbourne (196-198 A’Beckett Street, Melbourne VIC 3000)
- Pan Pacific (South Wharf, 2 Convention Centre Pl, Melbourne VIC 3006)
- Pegasus Apartments (206 A’Beckett St, Melbourne VIC 3000)
- Quest on William (172 William St, Melbourne VIC 3000)
- Radisson Hotel (380 William St, Melbourne VIC 3000)
- Regent Theatre (191 Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000)
- Rendezvous Hotel (328 Flinders St, Melbourne VIC 3000)
- Rydges Melbourne (186 Exhibition St, Melbourne VIC 3000)
- Somerset on Elizabeth (250 Elizabeth St, Melbourne VIC 3000)
- Space Hotel (380 Russell St, Melbourne VIC 3000)
- Stamford Plaza (111 Little Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000)
- Travelodge Southbank (9 Riverside Quay, Southbank VIC 3006)
- Treasury on Collins (394 Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000)
- Urban Central (334 City Rd, Melbourne VIC 3006)
- The Savoy (630 Little Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000) *formerly the Vibe Savoy
- Victoria Hotel (215 Little Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000)
- The Village Melbourne (167 Franklin St, Melbourne VIC 3000) *formerly the Discovery Melbourne
- Windsor Hotel (111 Spring St, Melbourne VIC 3000)
- Only small carry bags on one day tours
- 5 kg soft bag on two & three day tours returning to Melbourne
- 15 kg backpack or suitcase for three day tours with an Adelaide connection
Children’s prices apply for all travellers aged 0-15 years.
We are able to provide an infant seat (0-3 years) or a child booster seat (4-8 years) free of charge. Please note we have only a limited number available each day and they must be pre-booked. Kindly send a request to [email protected] and provide the age of your child along with your confirmation number and booking details.
All travelling persons must book and have their own seat allocated for use.
Any party arriving with undisclosed infants or children will be required to pay our child’s fare prior to board the touring vehicle. If there are no seats available for any undisclosed guests to occupy, the entire travelling party may be denied the opportunity to travel and will forfeit their fares.
Please note that if you are travelling with children on one of our multi-day tours you will need to choose the private room option as dorm style accommodation cannot be offered as it is not suitable.
Cots are not available for very young children, thus, we are unable to accept bookings for multi-day tours containing children under 3 years of age.
The free Bunyip Tours language App is easily downloadable via the App Store and Google Play. Simply search “Bunyip Tours” and you’ll easily locate our App.
Tour information is available in Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean and Spanish and is available on our Great Ocean Road, Philip Island, Mornington Peninsula, Wilson’s Promontory, Puffing Billy & Healesville Sanctuary tours.
The commentary highlights the major sightseeing destinations visited whilst your guide provides on-tour commentary in English. We recommend downloading the App prior to joining your tour.
Bunyip Tours retains the right to alter itineraries, fares and vehicles and may cancel tours in unforeseen circumstances.
Guest cancellation/date change of any tour in less than 48 hours but more than 24 hours prior to a departure time will result in a 50% refund of money paid. Cancellation within 24 hours of tour departure or failure to take up a booked tour will result in a 100% forfeiture of the tour fare. Please note also that a “cancellation” includes a change to the date of a tour booking that requires the original booking to be cancelled.
If you are of the opinion that the circumstances surrounding your cancellation dictate that flexibility should be applied with regards to our cancellation policy, we will be happy to review your situation. Please send as much detail as possible about the circumstances of your cancellation to [email protected] and a member of our management team will respond within 48 hours.
Please advise us of any specific dietary requirements you may have at time of booking. Please note that although we will do our best to meet your request, we are unable to guarantee this will be met, as some of our tours include travel into remote areas and some specific requests can simply not be catered for e.g. vegan, gluten intolerance etc. we would suggest you bring some suitable snacks along for yourself to avoid any disappointment. Unused tour components (e.g.meals) will not be refunded.
Complimentary on-board Wi-Fi is available on all tours.